Like so many things these days, planning for this year's TSI Congress is highly dependent on ever-changing regulations and developments in the COVID-19 pandemic.
However, we are positive about the prospect of a broad vaccine rollout to large parts of the population in the second and third quarters of 2021. So we are again planning the TSI Congress 2021 in early autumn as a hybrid top event – on-site in Berlin and online on the internet.
In order to be able to offer you the usual TSI quality standard again this year, we will always follow the current developments and legal requirements in a timely manner and adapt the concept on site according to the emerging standard of the market. These FAQ will therefore be continuously updated. We invite you to visit these pages regularly for updates on the current status of planning.
‘Hybrid‘ means that the congress will take place at the Radisson Blu Hotel Berlin AND will be simultaneously streamed as a virtual event (not only as a webinar). Therefore, the total number of participants is not limited, and on-site visitors as well as online participants can interact intensively, participate in panels and workshops and hold meetings. The number of on-site participants will be limited depending on the regulations then in force.
Imagine what you usually do at an on-site event:
- You attend panels, workshops and roundtables based on your interests and talk to the panelists and other attendees. The vast majority of panels and workshops are streamed live, and breakout rooms even give you the opportunity to interact with speakers and attendees on a topic-by-topic basis.
- You have meetings and one-on-one conversations. Via intelligent conferencing tools, free networking is already possible today, as it is in person on site.
- You visit the marketplace and talk to the exhibitors.
- You enjoy the breaks with coffee and lunch. With our TSI Congress in a box, we make sure that we don't keep you on a purely digital menu ;-)
All these options are also available to you at the virtual congress. Let us surprise you with the many possibilities of state-of-the-art event technology!
The TSI Congress will be held as a hybrid event, with the option to hold it entirely online if needed:
- Online moderation and streaming with live chat to enable constant interaction with all participants.
- Completely virtual setup with live streaming and the possibility of location-independent digital integration of participants.
- ‘on demand‘ provision of ALL on-site recorded panels and roundtables after the event (for all attendees).
- Adapting workshop and panel formats to digital demands - shorter, more interaction, variation of formats, speakers are on-site in person or remotely connected.
- Well-integrated content (PPT, movies ...) and versatile interaction options (question/answer, polling) as an important element to engage the virtual audience.
- Use of professional transmission technology.
- The ‘TSI Congress in a box‘ as a small hamper for the virtual participants
Yes! Each ticket for the on-site event will be exchanged for 2 virtual tickets at a 1:2 exchange ratio, so you can add a colleague. Simply contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is also possible at short notice up to one day before the congress and is not subject to a deadline.
- Each participant (online and onsite) receives access to the digital congress. This means that onsite participants can switch between digital and onsite participation at any time.
- Taking into account the maximum number of visitors permitted, an upgrade from a digital ticket to an onsite ticket is still possible at short notice.
- If you want to convert an on-site ticket into a completely digital ticket, this is usually no problem either (exchange ratio 1:2).
In all cases, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Our virtual congress platform will be set up in English. This way we can ensure that all international participants can orientate themselves without any problems. The different panels will be held in German (approx. 30%) or English (approx. 70%). The respective discussion language is marked in the agenda. Simultaneous interpreting for the German events will not be provided.
You may cancel your participation (only in writing) up to 14 days before the start of the event, after which half of the participation fee will be charged. In case of no-show or cancellation on the day of the event, the full participation fee will be due. If the participant cannot attend the event, TSI will accept a substitute participant at no additional cost.
Given the options of on-site attendance and virtual participation, a carryover to next year is not necessary and therefore not planned.
The congress will be accessible from any internet-enabled device (including mobile devices). All you need is a current browser version. Internet Explorer is not supported, so you need an alternative. A device that can stream video and has speakers will suffice. For interaction with other participants, we also recommend a camera and microphone.
In principle, you can contact every participant who has registered on the event platform, regardless of whether they participate online or attend on site.
Whether online or on-site in Berlin, every participant has access to all digital content and functions at all times. This means that all participants have the same opportunities to network and make contact.
There will be a virtual marketplace where our participants can visit the various exhibitors, get information or get in touch directly with a contact person.
Of course we are happy about every participant who follows our congress live online. This also gives the online participant the opportunity to actively ask questions and directly connect with panelists and other participants. That will make you not just a spectator but part of the event.
However, it is also possible to access the individual panels and events ‘on demand" afterwards. This way, missed events can also be streamed afterwards.
The TSI Congress 2021 will take place on the Eventmobi platform, as it did last year. The platform is currently under construction.
The Radisson Blu in Berlin is a professional partner for hosting our congress. The hotel is a partner of SGS, the leading international inspection, testing and certification company. It is recognised worldwide as a benchmark for quality and integrity. The hygiene measures developed by the hotel will also be implemented at our event. You can find all the information here.
Of course, there will also be a testing strategy for this year's congress, which we will be happy to share with you here as soon as there are specifications to guide us.